This weeks Flash Fiction is :
Simon gazed from his vantage point and waited patiently.
Such an idyllic scene. A large whitewashed house, nestled into the tall trees. A garden secluded by mature shrubs that stretched to the waterfront. A small boathouse almost hidden by the boats in the harbour.
The calm water and the absence of wind fed his state of torpor
The ringing of his mobile startled him from his reverie.
“Simon! You bastard! You crazy motherfucking bastard!”
He could see Arabella in a frenzy, shouting behind the patio windows in the house opposite. Her free arm gesticulating wildly.
His undertakings suddenly felt divinely worthwhile.
“I’m glad you like it”, he said in a calm and controlled voice.
He had ordered every surface black. The walls, the ceilings, the furniture and the fittings. When his team were unable to use a brush they had sprayed.
They’d been meticulous and systematic. He was pleased.
“Shit faced …”
“Enjoy it darling”, he interupted; pocketing his mobile.
Turning, he got back into his limousine and was driven away.
Here is the guide :
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.